Dr. Michael C. Threatt
Dr. Michael C. Threatt is the Principal/ CEO of Elevate Housing Solutions, LLC. He has worked in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors of the real estate industry for 15 years. Dr. Threatt is an experienced, affordable housing executive-level professional. His expertise in the private, public, dual housing markets, and creating public-private partnerships to develop and preserve affordable housing are essential reasons why he is requested as a consultant. Dr. Threatt is also the principal of Elevate Real Estate Group, LLC, and founder of the Corporation to Develop Communities of America, Inc., a nonprofit affordable housing advocacy organization. He is a licensed REALTOR® /REALTIST® in the state of Alabama. Dr. Threatt is also an adjunct professor, author, podcaster, and speaker.
Dr. Threatt has worked for several public housing authorities in Florida and Alabama in various roles, including executive leadership. Previously, he served as the Vice President of the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) and the CEO of a Public Housing Authority. In 2019, Dr. Threatt won the 2019 Executive Director of the Year for the state of Alabama NAHRO and his housing authority won Website of the Year for implementing his “Housing Authority of Tomorrow” model. He also won the Top Four Winner for the 40 under 40 for Rural Leader Magazine for his innovative approach to administering affordable housing programs.
Dr. Threatt obtained his doctorate in public administration (DPA) with a concentration in public policy at West Chester University (WCU) in Pennsylvania. He studied nonprofit management and leadership at Auburn University Montgomery (AUM). Dr. Threatt obtained his master’s degree in criminal justice administration with a concentration in public administration from the University of South Florida (USF). Dr. Threatt obtained his bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minor in sociology from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). Additionally, Michael studied psychology at Lawson State Community College (LSCC) before transferring to UAB.
Dr. Threatt is a member of the following organizations:
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. (KAPSI)
- Public Housing Authorities Directors Association (PHADA)
- National Association for Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO)
- National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC)
- National Association for Real Estate Brokers (NAREB)
- REALTIST® National Political Action Committee (NATPAC)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- REALTOR® Political Action Committee (R-PAC)
- National Association for Home Builders (NAHB)
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA)
- National Association for the Advancement for Color People (NAACP)
- National Leased Housing Association (NLHA)
- American Society for Public Administration (ASPA)
- National Association for Residential Property Managers (NARPM)
Dr. Threatt: “As I have climbed the ladder in my career, I have developed a modern-day leadership approach that focused on creating a high-performing organizational culture that was built on trust, getting the right people on the team, and coaching that team to greatness which has resulted in performance outcomes and productivity. Throughout my career, I have found that my passion for both people and place has assisted me in realizing my altruistic purpose in affordable housing.”